Counseling for Men. Welcome to Phoenix Men’s Counseling. It’s good to have you here today.
Maybe you’ve tried to fix your problems on your own, but just can’t. Now, you’re still struggling and need some help and therefore decided to seek out the services of a men’s therapist.
It’s possible you’re having problems in your marriage or primary relationship, or in your work, or maybe you generally feel down, unhappy or stressed out. Maybe low-self esteem or lack of confidence issues have pulled you down, or you’ve fallen into unhealthy behaviors for yourself.
As a man, it’s sometimes tough to go to your friends or family for their unbiased support, and books or web research only seem to go so far in helping you.
Maybe you’ve considered counseling, but haven’t sought out a counselor until now.
Congrats on making the first step towards improving your life.
What other men have said about the benefits they received in counseling with us:
“Jason really does listen and is extremely observant. He is able to get you to see yourself as others might see you, which can be an eye opening experience. It was for me. I am not quite where I need to be, but I have come a long way in just a few months. I highly recommend him as Jason is someone who follows through on what he says he will do.”
“Working with Jason allowed me to deconstruct what I thought to be a ‘brick wall’ in front of me. In the end, I have
torn that ‘brick wall’ down and am focusing on the mountain ahead… of which I believe I now have the tools necessary to conquer.”
"I have made great strides in confidence, general sense of well-being, and have learned to not sweat the small stuff. I've noticed that I've been really happy for the first time in many years.”
My counseling for men services are different:
As a counselor, I specialize in working with the unique issues and needs of men. I started Phoenix Men’s Counseling to provide counseling services especially to support men in working through life’s tough issues, and to create the kinds of lives that they really want for themselves and for their families.
As a fellow guy, I’ve shared a lot of the difficult experiences that you have.
I know how it’s tough to open up and talk about personal matters with others - wife, friends, and family (read Jason’s story).. I understand how it is to “struggle in silence,” be closed to others, including women, and not have the skills or resources needed to support yourself.
I have a passion and a real interest in working with men’s issues, and want to help you feel better, happier, at peace and more successful in your life. I have years of expertise and experience working with men’s issues, as a therapist.
I can assure you that you’re not alone in what you’re dealing with.
In our culture, all these years later, there are still expectations for men not to be weak, to hide emotions or be “warriors” and to be invulnerable. It’s also a premium to have connective, authentic experiences with others, because we’re constantly hiding behind our “games” and personality armor.
Counseling can help you overcome the negative cultural expectations of what it means to be a man and help build meaningful, connecting experiences that you really want to create.
Times are changing, and men need to learn critical skills like emotional intelligence, communication skills, stress management and relationship building. That’s where men’s counseling can help.
I create a space where guys can feel comfortable getting real and opening up. I provide support and feedback that you’re looking for, without handing you the answers. As a skilled counselor, I’ll challenge you, and bolster you up at the same time.
We’ll work together to forge the solutions you need for life and relationship success, and get you back to feel happy and positive about your life again.
Skeptical About Seeing a Therapist?
If you’re like a lot of guys, maybe you haven’t ever tried out counseling, or have negative thoughts about it. Maybe it’s been years since you were in kid in counseling - where your parents forced you into it. This counseling is different. This is for you, and for your own growth - not something someone’s making you do. My kind of counseling is designed just for you as a man.
I work with a range of men’s issues, and would like to help you with your unique situation, too.
General issues for men where therapy can help:
- Improve low self-esteem, lack of confidence and feel more secure
- Develop better communication skills and have better relationships as a result
- Increase your awareness about your emotions, and then use them to improve your life, work, and mental health
- Help smart men to better resolve their problems without over thinking them
- Create more self-affirming behaviors, and stop self-sabotaging behaviors that undermine you.
- Calm your mind, and think more positive thoughts (Hush your self-critic - that negative voice in your head doubting you in your every move)
- Resolve feelings of toxic shame that holds you back
- Make better decisions, in work, dating/relationships, with money, etc.
- Become addiction free (control alcohol abuse, excessive porn use, spending or other threatening behaviors)
- Resolve any unresolved issues with parents that hold you back (e.g. father-son issues, mother-son issues)
- Become more honest and live more in integrity (Break cycles of lying to others)
- Treat others better in order to feel better about yourself and so that they treat you better
- Open up more to your wife or girlfriend
- Make her happy again, and enjoy marital happiness yourself
- Improve your sex life together, and feel more sexually connected to your partner
- Become more secure in your self so that you are more secure in your relationship (Soften the fear of being rejected by her)
- Finally have the tools to fix the marital problems that cause you to feel like a failure or powerless
- Turn around poor communication together (break unhealthy conflict patterns)
- Finally know how to respond when she says, “I don’t feel emotionally connected with you.”
- Troubleshoot rifts or marital obstacles caused by pornography abuse
- Be a loyal partner (Deal with distractions from other women, or get a handle on cheating, talking or texting with other women that threaten your primary relationship)
- Feel confident and committed in your relationship (Stop the worrisome thoughts of ending your relationship, or fears that she will first)
- Attract the right woman into your life (Get out of the cycle of picking the same bad relationship over and over again)
Counseling for Single Guys:
- Resolve hurts and issues you are holding onto from past relationships (Unhook yourself from hangups or unresolved issues with women)
- Become more open to love (Thaw your anger at women, and learn to let them in again)
- Choose an appropriate partner and feel satisfied with her (Stop feeling like women aren’t good enough for you when you’re “too choosy” or falling victim to choosing the ”wrong” women)
- Realize how you hold onto a “fantasy" or ideal woman, which prevents you from being with one who’s real
- Become better at intimacy and feel closer to your partner (resolve issues that keep you “walled up”)
- Feel confident and secure that you can have the relationship you want (stop feeling “not good enough” or worthy enough to pick the right women)
- Become more comfortable with yourself and your own company (overcome loneliness, or getting into relationships because you’re afraid to be alone)
- Moving on with your life after a painful divorce, separation or breakup
Anger problems where therapy can help:
- Manage and express anger appropriately (quit stuffing and marinating in your anger, or turning others off with your anger by it’s intensity, your sarcastic or criticism, or by being passive-aggressive)
- Be more positive and easy to be around (reduce constant negativity or irritability)
- Promote healthy conflict resolution with others, and stop avoiding it or shutting down
- Figure out what your needs are, and get them met so you don’t have to get angry
- Become more comfortable with healthy anger (understand how fear of anger prevents it’s healthy expression)
Anxiety symptoms where therapy can help:
- Feel more comfortable in social situations (overcome social anxiety)
- Feel more relaxed and confident during public speaking or performing (overcome performance anxiety)
- Feel calmer, more relaxed and confident that things will work out (stop overthinking or constant worrying)
- Sleep better without worrying keeping you up at night
- Live in the present and stop living in the past or future
- Short circuit panic attacks before they start
- Keep your life stress-free (develop more effective stress management for yourself)
- Become happier and more at peace with yourself and your life (overcome issues associated with depression)
- Improve your energy and feel more alive (decrease lethargy, fatigue and numbness)
- Turn around feelings of hopelessness and sadness
- Promote better sleep and feel rested in the morning
- Feel more secure in yourself and set better boundaries (stop being told you’re “too nice” by women you want to date)
- Become more confident in women’s presence (unroll being tongue-tied)
- Know when to say ‘no’, and when to say, ‘yes’ (Quit obligating yourself to others)
- Feel good when you take care of yourself (Overcome guilty feelings about putting your own needs first when necessary)
You’re here because you’re seeking relief for your pain. You want solutions to your problems, and want to feel happier and less preoccupied with your struggles.
If you are here because you want a guy, a male therapist, that understands what you’re dealing with, and can meet you where you’re at, then book your first appointment now.