We’ll look at what constitutes “real man” behavior: what it means to be a relationship partner, how to take ownership for ourselves as men, and how to express ourselves with other guys. We’ll learn to trust our guts, and develop more trust in others. It takes confidence and courage to join a men’s group, but once you’re here, you’ll be glad you joined.
Why Group Therapy, Though?
- It’s a way to deal with stress, including work, home and parenting
- It’s a way to bond with other men, outside of the sports-bar or golf course type-setting
- Compare notes with other guys, where you might not have been able to before
- Examine our roles as men, and look at how we can be the best in all our life’s roles
- Find out who we really are behind all the roles we play
For many guys, therapy is a taboo word. Many guys would probably opt for a root canal before being dragged to counseling and “opening up”. A lot of guys come to counseling because someone else asked them to, or because they’ve gotten to a point in their lives where their problems are too great to handle. This is tough, and breeds loneliness, on top of all the other reasons to not seek out help. Lonely guys tend to withdraw, feel depressed, and helpless. They struggle to move forward in their lives, because they feel so psychologically or emotionally crippled by what’s ailing them.
What we’re offering you is group counseling just for men. We know your needs, and we know you’re not alone. There are plenty of guys struggling just like you, in your very town. In Phoenix, men’s group counseling is often religious or recovery-based for substance abuse. Phoenix Men’s Counseling’s men’s counseling group is different than that. We talk about men’s issues and creating good mental health for ourselves in a way that works for you and your lifestyle. We work on the real issues you’re facing everyday.
Why Join Our Men’s Group?
- Develop tools and skills to better your life, work and relationships
- Improve the relationship with yourself, and increase positive self-esteem
- Work on your relationship between sex and connection with women
- Deal more effectively with the difficult people in your life
- Get lots of feedback and support from other guys who’ve been there, too
- Feel like you’re winning in your intimate relationships again
- Safe, unbiased, third party perspective
- 15 weeks long | $75 per group
- Located at the Chinese Cultural Center in Phoenix, off of the 202
- Convenient afterwork hours for your busy schedule
- Monday evenings 7-9 PM
- Starts October 7th, 2013 - sign up now!