Are you ready to get started?
I often get asked about the process of counseling, and how to maximize value from counseling sessions. I've put together a list of things that my successful clients practice to help them get the most out of counseling.
- They know that it's time to make a change, and they're willing to make the commitment to work with me to do that
- They understand that not missing scheduled appointments and showing up on time is part of the commitment it takes to be successful in counseling
- They're self-motivated individuals, and are serious about improving their lives
- They understand that therapy is an investment of time, money and energy
- They're willing and able to invest financially in a better life and in better relationships
- They understand that there's no magic bullet or miracle pill, but if they commit to working with me regularly, they will see changes happen over time
- They value direct and honest feedback from me. To succeed in therapy, the minimum number is 6 to 8 sessions; however, if the problems are more complicated, and if deeper healing is required, therapy may take longer (six months or longer)