How would you know this to present itself in your relationship or marriage? Here’s some ways that might help you to identify if this is a problem in your relationship.
1. You feel not good enough a lot of the time when you’re together.
2. You don’t feel praised or validated nearly as much as you feel criticized.
3. You sense that she is quietly angry at you a lot of the time.
4. She conveys to you (verbally or not) that you have to be doing something else, or something better than the way you usually do it.
5. You bottle anger up and (a) sulk and depress or (b) burst out or explode onto her.
6. When you attempt to do something for her, she has a problem with some aspect of it.
7. Your wife or girlfriend never seems to be happy or satisfied around you.
8. She’ll take control of things that you do or say.
9. You feel like she’s your second mother incarnate.
10. You find yourself avoiding her, to steer clear of her criticisms or judgments.
Although there may be somethings that you could be doing to improve your own relationship, it’s possible that your wife or girlfriend expects too much from you, and you’re confused, shut down or unable to give to her what it is that she is wanting. Maybe she’ll unclear about what she wants from you. Either way, maybe you need some professional help to understand what is going on. I would invite you in for a free consultation with me at my office, to see if these things are signs that a bigger problem is going on. Call me today at 602.309.0568.